I’ll give you a minute to wrap your head around that delicious title. While I do? I’ll stuff a couple more mouthfuls of this cake into my mouth. Generally speaking, I do not have much of a sweet tooth, I tend to snack on salty snacks instead. Miss Vicki’s Sea Salt and Vinegar chips? YES PLEASE. However, I DO have a minor weakness for lemon cake and anything topped with cream cheese frosting. Whenever I make this frosting, I literally have to make a touch more than I need, because it always finds itself into my mouth before it gets onto any cake or cupcake. Yummy with a capital “Y”.
The following recipe is a ‘doctored’ boxed cake mix, and you can use premade icing if you want to speed things up even more. Enjoy!
Quick and Easy Lemon Pound Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 package lemon cake mix
- 1 package of lemon instant pudding mix (serves 4 size)
- 1 cup full fat sour cream
- 1 cup veggie oil
- 4 room temperature eggs
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 8oz package full fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4cup butter, softened
- 1cup sifted icing sugar
- 1tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a bowl, beat the 4 eggs together.
- Add the sour cream and veggie oil and mix until incorporated well.
- Add in the pudding mix and warm water, then the cake mix.
- Mix well, until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a greased, 12 cup bundt pan or loaf pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before frosting.
- In a bowl, cream together cream cheese and butter, until smooth.
- Mix in the vanilla, and gradually the icing sugar.
- whip until smooth and creamy.
- Apply to cake, refrigerating (or eating) the leftovers.
Viola! Awesome, easy, moist, lemon cake. So good for company, to go with coffee or tea and super easy to serve to kids. Hope you enjoy this as much as my family does.