Can you say that 10 times fast? Do I have your attention? These things are AMAZING. I made 3 dozen of them for the day my family photos were done, and the entire batch was GONE before the session was even over. Try them, devour them, thank me later.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 jar (18 oz ounce) peanut butter, crunchy or smooth. (I used crunchy for a extra punch.)
- 6 cups corn flakes
- 3 oz good quality semi-sweet chocolate.
- Combine sugar and corn syrup in a medium pot, stirring well.
- Place over medium heat and stir frequently until the mixture comes to a full boil, and is smooth.
- Remove pot from heat and stir in the whole jar of peanut butter (I stuck the jar of peanut butter in the microwave for a minute or so, to make this easier.), mixing until well combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, add corn flakes and pour peanut butter mixture over the corn flakes.
- MIX VERY WELL. Everything should be good and coated evenly.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Scoop out and form into 1-2 inch balls, depending on your preference. I used a small ice cream scoop, that I had lightly greased first.
- Chop up your chocolate into small pieces, place into a small, heat safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring until desired it is smooth and melted.
- Dip a spoon into the melted chocolate, and drizzle the melted chocolate over the cookies.
- Allow these to cool and set for at least an hour, then go to town, shoving them into your mouth like you are 19 weeks pregnant. *ahem*