The Rough Days

Today was pretty sucky, and that is OK. It’s alright to talk about the bad days, the crappy moments of parenthood. Saying these things out loud do not make me (or anyone else) ungrateful, horrible or a bad parent. Admitting defeat in the face of a hard day is ALRIGHT. You know what is better? Admitting that defeat on a public platform, and having your friends, family and followers shower you with support and encouragement. So this is for them, and all the other new (and seasoned) parents out there. Thanks.

Share and Enjoy:
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Google Bookmarks
  • StumbleUpon
  • del.icio.us
  • RSS
  • Tumblr

Comments

1. 1

Louise says

Been there, done that. Put the broom down. Take a breath. You’re doing an amazing job. It will get better day by day. I promise.

2. 3

Jeanine says

Oh Krystal! <3 big hugs to you mama. We all had bad days, and it's true no one ever wants to talk about it! We are all here for you! Hope you have a better day!!! xoxoxoxo

3. 4

Angela says

Lots of Love and support to you Mama! I can relate to what you have said here. I too have those days where you are wondering when it is going to get better. But your right that you just have to pick your moments to cherish and keep in mind that tomorrow will hopefully be a better day! Being a Mother is no easy task! Take Care! You have a beautiful family! xo

4. 5

Jaymie says

Brought tears to my eyes. I remember those days with just 1. Your strong and beautiful and doing an amazing job!
    Thinking about ya!

5. 6

Alicia says

Man, can I sympathize! I’m a first-time mom and can’t imagine going through all of that again with a toddler and a newborn! Cheers to you!!
    Everyone says it’s hard but they don’t elaborate. Then, when you ask everyone how it’s going with their new baby, they all say ‘great!’. No one told me the truth and I was ill-prepared. I had many conversations with my husband and parents about how no one tells you about the bad days. And I really wish they had so I knew what I was feeling and thinking was normal. I eventually figured it out and everything now is ‘great!’ but for a while there, I wasn’t sure we could handle being parents.
    Our little guy is now 12 weeks old and I’ve been back at work for a few weeks now (yay for a whole new set of stresses) and it is getting easier. Hugs to you, I know that defeated feeling all too well! Tomorrow WILL be better!

6. 7

Rachel says

Aw, Krys…you’ve got two beautiful children, strong happy and healthy, because of you. You’re doing a great job! Work through the rough days…good times will follow! You’re doing a great job…you’re doing a GREAT job. If ever you want company, just text. We’ll be there!

7. 8

Steph says

Krystal you’re an amazing mom! Take the hard days one step at a time. You will find the time to pick up the broom at some point. I understand how hard it is to relax amongst anything untidy, when you need the tidy to relax! We are here to help if you ever need it. We don’t mind a crying baby :) We sincerely mean that. Come here or we’ll come there. Take good care and remember how amazing you are!

8. 9

Holly Marie says

You are doing a great job Momma! Thank you for sharing your feelings here on such a public platform- I had a mental breakdown with my Toddler last night and it is nice to know that I am not alone. Sending a big hug your way!

9. 10

Kate says

This all sounds so familiar! My second daughter was a really difficult baby in pretty much every way. She was really hard work…plus I was dealing with a 2-year-old at the time. But now she’s almost 2 & she’s SUCH A JOY – content, silly, sweet! I just wanted to say: hang in there! Some days are hard and it seems like it will never end, but it will get better and easier! And take it easy on yourself in the meantime!

10. 11

Jaime says

I started to cry at various points through your vlog, remembering what those first few months with Jackson were like. I hear you, and I’m so proud of you for talking about what so many of us are afraid to talk about–there ARE hard days, the kind of days that make us question this whole parenting thing, whether we’re doing it right, whether we’re cut out for it, and so on. I appreciate and support every single blogger (and non-bloggers, too) who talks honestly about those days.

I hope your days continue to get better, and I’m confident they will. Keep talking about it. Your voice is so important. xo